Why become a member?
By becoming a member of CMHA, you are:
- providing hope for the 1 in 5 Canadians who are directly affected by mental illness
- supporting specialized services across Canada and in your community
- joining a movement to build a community of hope, support and inclusion for people with mental illness
- showing you care about mental health and believe that you can make a difference in the lives of people affected by mental illness.
The benefits of being a member will vary depending on the branch you are part of. You may:
- get a subscription to your branch’s newsletter and other publications it produces
- receive invitations to attend local workshops, seminars and other special CMHA events
- become a voting member of CMHA, and be able to elect members of the governing board of directions at the Annual General Meeting.
Membership fees vary by province, and by whether you are becoming a member personally or as part of an organization, and/or are living on a limited income.